Author Topic: Tapatalk  (Read 26708 times)

Offline Justin

• BCJC Member
  • Region: Okanagan
  • Vehicle: 2005 LJ
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 12:44:04 PM »
I checked the stats and apparently, only 6% of visits to the site are from mobile browsers. I have to say, I find this very hard to believe.
I have to think Chrome and Safari may no longer be distinguishable between their computer based and mobile versions.

In any case, Chrome and Safari account for 25% of traffic each.  Apparently 16% come from Internet Explorer... I assume this is from people who access the site from work... or their parents are cousins or something.

Not sure what value that information is to you, but there it is.

Offline dRnKTJ

• ₣ü¢k ît, gív€r!¡!
  • Region: GVRD / FVRD
  • Vehicle: 2000 sahara
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »
Meh I just noticed that someone was viewing the topic, then noticed the stat and date, thought it was really low. Just like useless info, thats all.
★Fuck cancer★

One rock at a time

Offline rockfrog

• BCJC Member
  • It's a jeep thing ... DILLIGAF
  • Region: Vancouver Island
  • Vehicle: '00 XJ 4dr, '15 JKU, '88 MJ
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2014, 09:32:45 PM »
I haven't turned my computer on in months,  everything I visit this sites it's either my phone or my tablet.

Not that it matters.
Dave G
2000 XJ 5.5" Bastard lift, some old grumpy tars, 3 Link'd, 4.56 HPD30 TrueTrac/8.25 Detroit, building it the "Hard 'n Slow" way I 'spose

Offline dRnKTJ

• ₣ü¢k ît, gív€r!¡!
  • Vehicle: 2000 sahara
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2014, 11:07:31 PM »
Ya im in the same boat, I would have expected that number to be like 75 percent, even more. I own a computer, its on right in front of me as we speak, I can literally kick it from where I sit. I dont think its been logged to bcjc ever.
★Fuck cancer★

One rock at a time

Offline Justin

• BCJC Member
  • Region: Okanagan
  • Vehicle: 2005 LJ
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 07:52:51 AM »
/\
Ditto. Aside from the 7 computers I stare at all day at work, I never use one. Everything personal is accomplished on my phone or pad; including the administration of this site.

That said, I have no issues. My phone and pad browse the web perfectly fine in full format. I find most mobile skinned sites annoying and I skip straight for the "show full site" button. Maybe I just haven't found a good one. If anyone wants to show me what a good mobile forum looks like, so I have an idea. Post the link below.

Offline VanBCguy

• BCJC Member
  • Vehicle: A crap load of J's. I've lost track.
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 02:10:25 PM »
I checked the stats and apparently, only 6% of visits to the site are from mobile browsers. I have to say, I find this very hard to believe.
I have to think Chrome and Safari may no longer be distinguishable between their computer based and mobile versions.

In any case, Chrome and Safari account for 25% of traffic each.  Apparently 16% come from Internet Explorer... I assume this is from people who access the site from work... or their parents are cousins or something.

Not sure what value that information is to you, but there it is.

Those numbers seem stunningly low. I use my phone for BCJC far more than my laptop, but it's usually through my WiFi...maybe that's why it thinks it's my PC? I dunno...

But my main question is, what is tapatalk? How is it better than just simple straight access to this site?
Four Wheel Drive Association of BC: www.4wdabc.ca

Burnaby Radio: www.burnabyradio.com

Offline Kinslayer

• BCJC Member
  • Godless Heretic
  • Vehicle: 90 Samurai
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 04:56:28 PM »
I usually read on my phone, and I use my tablet for browsing occasionally but for the most part i'm using a real life computer for my forum browsing since a keyboard is so much easier to lay down my rants. Stupid phone keyboard ends up pissing me off more than the person i'm ranting at, and that's just counter productive.
Religion is considered by the common people as 'True', by the wise as 'False', and by the rulers as 'Useful' - Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Offline VanBCguy

• BCJC Member
  • Vehicle: A crap load of J's. I've lost track.
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 05:21:25 PM »
I usually read on my phone, and I use my tablet for browsing occasionally but for the most part i'm using a real life computer for my forum browsing since a keyboard is so much easier to lay down my rants. Stupid phone keyboard ends up pissing me off more than the person i'm ranting at, and that's just counter productive.

:laughing001: [lmao] :laughing001:
Four Wheel Drive Association of BC: www.4wdabc.ca

Burnaby Radio: www.burnabyradio.com

Offline Alex

• BCJC Member
  • baby jesus
  • Vehicle: 97 TJ Sport
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2015, 01:15:44 PM »

See?  Your smartphone is so smart that it frequently outsmarts you.  You need to trust that it knows what's best for you.
TJ - 4.0, 5 Speed, HP30, 8.8 w/Discs and LSD, 4.10's, 33x10.5 KM2, XRC rock sliders, CB, 2.5" junkyard lift, 1" MML/BL, AA SYE/CV shaft, some other crap.

He said my story was cool...and then he called me bro!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal